Employee Appreciation Day began in America and falls on the first Friday in March each year, that's Friday 2nd March in 2018. As with many other US traditions, like Halloween and Black Friday, Employee Appreciation Day is now making its way over to the UK. It gives business owners and companies the opportunity to show their appreciation for their staff.
At Sense we provide on-site treatments and workplace classes all round the year, but we love seeing companies in the UK and Ireland taking up this growing event with lots of enthusiasm.
Why should my company take part in Employee Awareness Day?
Simply put, if you treat your staff well, then you can not only reduce stress and absenteeism, but also staff turnover whilst giving everyone a boost. It's also a great way to say thank you to your staff for a job well done, for reaching targets, dealing with that new computer system or just to say that you appreciate your staff.
So, perhaps the question should be, "Why would you miss out on the opportunity?"
How should we show our appreciation?
That's a great question and you know your staff better that anyone, so here are some suggestions that you may want to consider:
- Take your team out for a meal.
- Arrange Yoga or Mindfulness classes at your office.
- Head to the park for a company picnic.
- Ask your staff for ideas. A quick survey of your staff, maybe with a few options of your own, gives everyone a chance to have their say and you can choose the most popular idea.
- On Site Chair Massage is a great way to boost morale immediately.
Of course you don't have to limit your efforts to Employee Appreciation Day. There are many ways to keep that positive momentum going strong all through the year and it often makes sense to do that as it's low cost for you and very high value for your employees.